The most important question a person will ever ask is, “Am I going to Heaven when I die?” While nobody wants to think about death, it is a reality for everyone. Those who die without Jesus Christ will face an eternity in a horrible place called Hell. Many people believe that if they are good enough or do enough good deeds they will make it to Heaven, but that is not what the Bible teaches. The Bible teaches that we are all born with a sinful nature and that the penalty for our sin is death. But, God loved us so much that He sent His perfect Son, Jesus Christ, to die in our place as payment for our sins and then rose from the dead on the third day in victory. He offers this free gift of salvation to anyone who will believe and trust in Him.
All you have to do is follow this simple plan for salvation:
- Realize that God loves you
- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” –John 3:16
- The Bible says that you are a sinner
- “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” –Romans 3:23
- God’s Word says that your sin must be paid for
- “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” –Romans 6:23
- Christ paid for your sins. Understand that God loved you so much that He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to pay the price for your sin. The good news is that He paid your sin debt in full on the cross of Calvary.
- “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” –Romans 5:8
- Pray and receive Christ as your Savior. Call upon the Lord and receive Him as your Savior today. You can know all the steps to salvation, but if you fail to trust God and receive Jesus Christ as your Savior, you will die without Christ and miss Heaven. You must personally pray and receive Christ by faith as your Savior.
- “That if thou shalt confess with the mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” –Romans 10:9
- “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” –Romans 10:13
God made it simple to be saved. God loves you so much that He does not want you to die in your sin, so He gave you the free gift of salvation. All you have to do is receive Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. Pray this simple prayer and mean it in your heart:
“Lord, I know that I am a sinner. I believe Jesus paid the penalty for my sins when He died on the cross and rose again. Please forgive my sin, come into my life and be my Savior. Please help me live for you from this day forward. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
If you prayed this prayer and trusted Christ as your Savior, we would like to know about it, be an encouragement to you and help you in your new walk with Christ! If you are still unsure or have questions about your salvation, we want to help. Please use the Contact page to send us and email letting us know about your decision. May God bless you.
“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” –II Corinthians 5:17